Monday, July 5, 2010

Spare Change?

For some, the change of the seasons has the winter clothes heading for boxes or up to the top shelf and the heavy coats give way to the lighter. Of course, if you live west of Twin Peaks the heavy coats are never too far away. A new season brings new pieces to the wardrobe. Local tomatoes will be showing up anytime I'm told.

Things that never seem to change? Fog for 4th of July. Incredible weather for Pride weekend. No State budget on the first day of the fiscal year.

We all talk about change, the need to "change it up," "change of pace," "change reporting." Traveling is a change. I don't know if that is what people like about it. I know I do. It's different food, different shelter, and hopefully fun clothes. When you travel, you are somebody a little different because nobody knows you. You're just passing through and wanting to take it in.




When I'm home and I feel the need for a different perspective, I start moving the furniture around. This is best done with a very large cup of coffee and little bit of time ahead of you. For me it's remolding the space. You're walking a different path and doing different things like staring out the window more and freaking out your neighbors.


Maybe I'll want to have a few more gatherings now that the space is not as TVcentric. I also discovered that all my favorite sitting spots were left leaning the way I had it set up before, and now I've made all the good watching, lounging, and snoozing spots right leaning. I'm wondering if my sore left neck/shoulder was caused by this lean. Or maybe it's caused by just spending way too much time on the couch in generally, only time will tell.


I do wish sometimes I could clear my head and get that feeling of change by going to the gym or going for a run instead of pushing the furniture around and centering the carpet. Maybe I should get heavier furniture.


No comments: