Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Vegan in Kyoto

I was told by Nao that there are not many Vegans in Japan and I was talking to just about the only one in Kyoto. She was running a shop selling tea ceremony ceramics and things. The owner was nice enough to let her put up some of her own work in the window. It was pretty random, I just started walking north and came across her store. btw, a compass is a very handy thing especially when coming out of the subway and you want to know which way to start heading.




Nice stuff in general and then I saw this. It's used to stir and mix the powdered green tea.



Of course, I'm going to make a lamp of some sorts out of it. It's a stunning piece of craft and will make an equally stunning light.


Dinner was completely in the opposite vein but equally as stunning. A long time friend of the clan had arranged this dinner. If they would have let me, I would have brought a sleeping bag and a snuggy.



It's hard to beat your own private room and your own attendant.
This place first opened about 120 years ago and was one of the first to start serving beef in Japan.





P.S. Did I tell you how much I hate Blogger? Blogger keeps cutting out and I lose changes and adds. This might be it for awhile if it doesn't calm down.

No comments: